Interesting facts and figures of Amsterdam
Amsterdam has around 180 different nationalities, this is a world record, it is also the only city in the world where there are more bikes than people!
Besides a high density population, Amsterdam is the nr 1 city world wide on the point of museum density, this makes this the best choice for any cultural traveler. Besides for example the Dutch national Opera & ballet building and The Royal Palace you also have:
|Historic Church organs
|Theatre and Concert halls
|16th, 17th or 18th buildings
|Concerts and theatrical performances per year
Shopping in Amsterdam
Being the capital of the country, Amsterdam truly offers an shopping experience, fitting all different needs travelers can have. From local flee markets to exclusive brands, in Amsterdam you can find it all!
Fun facts and figures about the Netherlands (you wonder how you could survive without knowing):
- Dutch people are the most active twitters in the world, 20% of all tweets world wide come from the Netherlands!
- The sport bra is Dutch invention.
- It is illegal to stand next to somebody of the opposite sex who is changing underwear.
- Dutch people are the tallest in the world, on average: woman 170 cm and man 184 cm
- 89% of the Dutch people think they deserve more holiday
- Dutch scientist are busy with developing a hamburger-tree
18 + leisure
If you are under the age of 18, please stop reading this.
Amsterdam is of course also famous for its many bars, the red light district and its coffee shops.
|Cafés and bars
Check out our Amsterdam apartment rental section to book your Perfect Visit in Amsterdam now!